Thursday, March 4, 2010

Moron to the right of me...Rita had too much wine

Home with no issues or problems. The guy sitting next to me was kind of moron though. He was watching some video on his iTouch while everyone was boarding. The flight attendant announced to turn off electronics. He was wearing a sound-deadening headset and just kept watching.

Several announcements and he's still watching his video. Doors are closed and the plane is backing away from the gate. It is quite obvious we are MOVING and he's still watching his video. I point to it and gesture to turn it off. He removes his headset and looks at me like he's never flown before. He's in first class for crying out loud.

I remind him we're moving so turn off the electronics! He mumbles something and not another peep out of him for the rest of the trip.

Rita, my Dallas to Minneapolis frequent flyer, was sitting two rows back. I can hear her having an animated conversation with her row mate. I'm jealous.

I wait for her in the terminal after we land so we can catch up on the long walk up to the concourse. She is giggly and readily admits she had too much red wine. Her row mate agrees. We all laugh.

Rita takes a commuter bus to Rochester where her husband picks her up for the ride hoem to northern Iowa. She doesn't have to drive anywhere so she's fine.

No comments: