Friday, April 10, 2009

Two hours late again

It was very windy at Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport. In addition to the wind there was smoke and haze from brush fires in the area. All the flights were delayed. They don't change the color or highlight the delayed flights on the Departures and Arrivals monitors anymore. It just gives the new time.

I think my email complaining about the perpetually delayed flight from DFW to MSP has gotten me first class. I was automatically assigned first class last week, this week, next week and the week after! Sweet!

Once we took off you could really smell the brush fire smoke. The pilot made an announcement about it and insuring everyone that it wasn't the plane. You could see fires down below.

Also during the flight there was some fantastic lightening just to our west and below. You could see the lightening from the tops of the clouds. The clouds were very bright from the full moon. It was all pretty neat but I'm pretty tired.

No comments: