Saturday, April 4, 2009

A sadness

I have workouts with a trainer on Fridays and Saturdays. There is an older gentleman, Robert, who generally works out after me on Friday. When I went in yesterday for my workout, there was a card tacked to the wall from Robert's memorial service.

Robert had passed away on March 19. I didn't really know him but we would always chat after my workout. He would gripe about working out. And I would kid him about coming for a workout he hated. But we would laugh or smile.

So even though I didn't know him, he was one of those people that I figured had an interesting life. I went to the newspaper obituary website and read condolences that people had written. Reading bout him just made me think even more that I would have been nice to get to know him better.

People pass through your life and some are there longer than others but each one can have an impact.

No comments: