Friday, January 9, 2009

Buick Lucerne

Isn't Lucerne a brand of milk?

I thought...Buick...old man car. And it kind of is. This vehicle is big inside and rides rather big-boat-like.

I never got the seat in a comfortable to drive position. It had all kinds of electric and manual adjustments but the gas pedal was just too far away. I'm a kind of tall person but I had the worse time trying to reach the gas pedal. And once I got close enough to the pedal, the steering wheel was too close.

Speaking of the gas pedal...it is very very stiff. Had to really push to get the pedal to move so take offs were kind of bullet. The car does cruise along once you get going and is super super quiet. The Texas Department of Transportation lay-the-road-surface-on-the-ground-without-grading in combination with the super quiet ride enhanced the big boat feel.

The Buick Lucerne also suffers from two of my other pet peeves: 1) no indoor trunk release. you have to use the key fob; and 2) the side mirrors are a tad small and the driver mirror doesn't adjust out to the insurance standard.

I'd have to say that I don't recommend this one. It's too bad cause there is lots of power and it doesn't look bad.

No comments: