Sunday, November 9, 2008

Honda Accord

I finally got a Honda Accord rental. I actually didn't think that Hertz had Honda's. In the four years of all this travel and car rental, I've never had a Honda.

My name wasn't on the board where the tell you the car slot when I arrived at the rental center. The clerk at the counter couldn't find my car slot either. He wandered out into the lot and came back to tell me it was in #319.

I walked over to #319 and my name wasn't above the car but the slip inside had my name. The car was rather shabby and dirty inside. I was wondering if this was some employee's car and they decided to let me have it for a few days.

To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with the Accord. It is very roomy inside but overall it is rather plain and boring.

The transmission has a definite torque pull. It was really noticeable when the vehicle shifted while turning. The steering wheel would actually pull. Once again, the GM transmissions are so much better.

I really don't understand why this is such a popular car.

No comments: