Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Crazy rain and quick auto review - Chevy Impala

Rain like all get out yesterday evening. Buckets and buckets of water. It rained so hard the satellite system at Champs went off-line. The drive to Dallas through the driving rain was interesting and leads the auto review.

My first Chevy Impala...and an "SS" which I think means sporty sport. I simply cannot say enough nice things about the GM transmissions. I know I keep going on and on and folks are probably tired of it but what a difference a good transmission makes.

The Impala is a big car by today's standards. A roomy interior. Easy to read gauges. Comfortable.

It handled the driving rain and mini-flooding with great aplomb. It could easily have been scary but the Impala held firm and straight.

It is kind of an odd looking car from the outside but well worth a test drive.

No comments: