Monday, September 3, 2007

Chicago (actually Northfield/Northbrook/Des Plaines)

I was in north Chicago last week for work. You may have read or seen on the news about their flooding. I didn't see signs of flooding though I did see very high water on the Des Plaines river.

There were a lot trees blown down and the electricity was still out for thousands of homes from the storm the week before.

My flight home is usually around rush-hour time and it just isn't worth taking the toll road because of backed-up traffic and construction. So I take the drive over local roads through Des Plaines. Along the way is the original McDonald's Restaurant built by Ray Kroc.

Don't blink though or you'll miss it. There is a newer McDonald's right across the street and the intersection right here is kind of tricky. The original McDonald's is not open.

I took this picture while driving by using my cell phone, of course. I do not recommend this technique but the pic really came out pretty good.

A few blocks before the McDonald's is a very large cemetery on one side of the road and a hospital on the other. I've always thought that kind of morbid. If I were to have to go the hospital, I think I'd ask for a room on the non-cemetery side.

The hospital has a time and temperature sign. While I was stopped at the light, I knew it was hot but this hot?

No comments: