Thursday, August 2, 2007

Water, water every where

After all the stuff about the bridge last night and it was still so muggy, I decided to take a shower to cool off. There wasn't any water pressure in my shower and I was cursing the new faucet. Then I realized it was just the hot water and thought, "Oh boy, I hope the water heater hasn't finally blown." I went downstairs and there was water all over the place. It wasn't the water heater but the washing machine hose. The hot water hose and burst and was spewing water all over the basement.

The water heater was running like gangbusters. The dehumidifer was cranking away. The washing machine itself was full of water. The sink was full of water. It was a mess.

I shut the water off. Called my neighbor Mather at 10:30pm to borrow his wet vac and started cleaning up. Fortunately I had gotten rid of tons of stuff in the garage sale and had completely straightened up the basement taking almost everything off the floor and putting it on shelves. I had been fearing my almost 15 year old water heater was going to go. The water had stayed pretty much on one side of the basement.

It is all dry and very clean now.

I had been wanting to clean the floors. So, now they're clean!

No comments: