Thursday, July 20, 2017

New garage door

New door
I have gone several years with a door to my garage that doesn't lock and doesn't even latch. I have never had anything stolen but there have been so many posts on the NextDoor website where people have had their garages and cars broken into that I thought it was time to replace the door.

It wasn't just the door but the jam was also messed up. I found a complete exterior door at the Habitat For Humanity's ReStoreIt store. It was the correct size and opened the correct way. It only cost $45!

The locking door knob and dead bolt cost more than the door. The project came together without too much hassle ... which is a miracle at this place.
Old door

While I was working in the backyard, I repaired a couple of sections of the patio (not pictured) and replaced the pressure-treated wood mini-retaining wall with railroad ties that I found for free on the NextDoor website.

No comments: