Sunday, January 18, 2015

Flying kites to celebrate a birthday

I have a great group of friends who are willing to participate in some wild ideas. This year's Lake Harriet Kite Festival was on my birthday so I thought that would a fun event. Not only would we fly kites but we would make our own kites.

I made a kite using help from YouTube earlier in the week. I hosted breakfast at my house and then we made three more kites. It was challenging and fun.

I ordered wrapping paper from Shutterfly that I designed from photos of me and friends. Absolutely love love this paper.


Frankie helps hold the paper in place.

On Lake Harriet with our kites.

It flew for a few seconds before the cross-stick snapped.
Some of the successful commercial kites. There were lots of kites and lots of people out on the lake. It was so beautiful in many ways.
 




No comments: