Saturday, August 17, 2013

Home decoration project

This project started with my purchase of a old little book in a Paris flea market. The book was about bugs and plants...written in French with beautifully illustrated pictures. I wanted to display them together and originally thought of matching frames. That could have been expensive and would require the right wall space. So I came up with this project. I had the bi-fold doors from my upstairs bathroom remodel. I used the paint I purchased for the upstairs molding. The large format envelops came to me at Papersource - s store just 3 blocks from my house with a variety of paper products.
Starting off as bi-fold doors

Painted and felt feet and felt wall guards added.

8-11 envelope

pictures mounted on envelope and inserted in shutter slots

close-up of picture

close-up of picture

1 comment:

nancy b said...

I love it!