Friday, August 30, 2013

Tribute to Irma


My neighbor Irma passed away last year after a short time in an extended care facility.  She lived in the house across the street.  Irma taught me that you could keep geraniums over the winter by letting them dry out and replanting or simply watering in the spring.

When she went into care last year, I took care of her flower boxes and the potted geraniums on her front steps. She never got to come home.  I decided to keep her two potted geraniums over the winter with the intention of taking them to her grave in the spring.

They both survived the winter. I repotted them into larger pots and have decided to keep them as a remembrance and tribute to Irma. They are both blooming.  This one shown has reached full bloom with beautiful creamy-pink flowers.  Thank you, Irma, I miss you.

No comments: