Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Got 'em might as well use 'em

I got a new phone for work.  It is a smart phone.  It wasn't so smart in the beginning...or was it the user?

But today I decided to take it out for a spin.  I used the location function to find a restaurant near my hotel.  Then I found out what kind of restaurant and price point.

I then used the map and directions app to find my way...walking to the restaurant.  While at restaurant, I was able to check and respond to work and personal email.

Previously I used the google sky map app to check out where the stars and planets were.  When I was leaving the restaurant, I was able to easily locate Jupiter and Venus together in the west and orange Mars in the east sky.  Shared this information with a couple, really just the husband, leaving the restaurant.

Ahhh...technology.

No comments: