Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Volkswagon Tiguan

You rarely see a Volkswagon at a car rental site.  So when I saw a Volkswagon emblem on the first vehicle, I took it.  The vehicle happened to be a Tiguan, a small crossover-type vehicle.

First off I have to say overall I did not care for this vehicle.  First impressions were quite good but the longer the use, the more the faults were demonstrated. 

The biggest problem is with the transmission. The Tiguan has a six speed automatic.  How do i know it is a six speed automatic?  Because you can feel every shift.  Especially at the low end the shifts are hard and super frequent...annoyingly frequent.  You cannot start out slow and smoothly because the shifting is so abrupt.

The interior is sparse.  I guess that is a Volkswagon trait.  I think everyone knows I like the gadgets. This vehicle is not very gadgety.  Matter of fact kt is so nit gadgety, the miles per gallon display doesn't work unless you are at a stop.

It has been such a long time that I've had a different vehicle and unfortunately I picked the wrong one

No comments: