Saturday, July 16, 2011

Austin, TX

Spent the week in Austin, TX. 

I had been there once before.  Right after I got back from London in 2007, I went to Austin for a work training seminar.

I was really sick and don't remember too much about that trip.

This trip was different.  The client's office was on west of Austin and my hotel was on the east side.  You couldn't ask for two completely different topographies.

The east side is flat as you would expect in Texas.  The west side is very hilly with lots of bluffs and cliffs.  Also even though Austin is in the drought that the rest of Texas is in, it is very green with lots and lots of trees.

I never got down to downtown Austin but it was just fascinating driving around the outskirts.  As you can see by the photo, it was hot....really hot.  They've had more than 30 days over 100 already this year.  Their average is 13 I think.

No comments: