Monday, July 11, 2011

Austin, TX

Haven't had a travel story for quite a while. Super early flight from Minneapolis to Chicago to Austin, Texas. Flight left Minneapolis on time. However, we circled Chicago for a while and once we landed we had the longest taxi to the gate I have ever experienced. I saw parts of O'Hare I had never seen before.

My connection was close to begin with. I did not have a lot of confidence that I was going to make it. I had to wait for my carry-on since the plane from Minneapolis was a regional jet and all bags were valeted.

From Minneapolis I had the good fortune of being upgraded to first class and had the very first seat which helped. The valeted luggage finally came and I now had 15 minutes until the Austin flight's scheduled departure. The gates were relatively close and I am very familiar with O'Hare so I jogged to the Austin gate.

I had to check to check my carry-on since the plane was full. I also had the great pleasure of having a middle seat near the back of the plane...so much for my status and my luck holding out.

I got seated and immediately heard from other passengers that our departure was delayed. The storms that had passed through Minneapolis last night were now approaching Chicago.

As I type this we are on a 45 minute delay. And the woman in front of me just reclined her seat.

It is now late. I did make it to Austin. Flight left 80 minutes late. We did not make up anytime in the air.

Had to go to baggage claim to get my carry-on. It took an hour for the bags to arrive!!! I had been expecting to get to client office around 11am. Instead it was more like 2pm.

No comments: