Saturday, December 11, 2010

Now, this is crazy snow

Pictures just don't do this snow storm justice.  This was taken at about 1:50pm.  Forecasts are saying it should snow another 5 or 6 hours.  Then the wind is supposed to really pick up.

The wind is already fierce now.  I had shoveled a path from the back door to the garage at 11AM.  That path is pretty much gone already.

I'm not shoveling the front sidewalk until this thing is over.
Looking at the house from the garage, the "path" is center right.  You can just make out the drift on the right of what was the path.  The drift is nearly 3 feet tall at this time.

I did get the truck out and drove downtown for my workout at 11am.  I almost didn't make it through the alley at 1:30pm even with four wheel drive.  I had the pedal to the floor and plowed my way through and into the garage almost going through the back wall!!

I am not going out again...at least not driving.

Lots of folks helping push cars stuck in intersections.  I helped a neighbor try to get down the alley. He finally just gave up.

Helped another neighbor carry way too many groceries from the grocery store to home.  These snow events bring out the community spirit in nearly everyone.

No comments: