Saturday, November 13, 2010

Chrysler 300 (Touring)

I decided to go with a big car this week which will come into play later.

I think the 300 is a big car.  It looks big from the outside. It has those thin, mysterious, sinister looking windows all around.  I thought it would be difficult to see all around with this type of window design.  But it isn't.  I didn't notice any more blind spots than in any other vehicle.

Chrysler has gone very analog in this "Touring" version of the 300.  There is an analog clock in the center of the dash similar to Cadillac.  Even the A/C-heating is analog...knobs to adjust the temperature even in auto setting.  I have not seen that on any other vehicle.

The 300 has very good acceleration from all speeds...complete stop to passing.  The leather seats are comfortable.  The one thing that bugged me was a wind noise from the rear driver side.  Apparently the window or door fit is not exact.  These little noise nuisances are a big deal for me because it shows problems with workmanship.

Now to the big car effect.  It snowed in Denver this week.  A big car means a lot of surface area for snow to pile up on.  National Car did supply a decent size snow brush...thank goodness.  It was placed on the dash, whether on purpose or not, which made it very easy to find though not easy to reach as the dash is nearly 2 feet deep.

And now a compliment to National Car Rental.  As you may remember I had a very bad time with them in Denver the last time.  This time the experience was completely the opposite.  My reservation ended up on the wrong credit card again...I still don't know how that is happening.  But this time the supervisor was out in the check-in.  He took me immediately to a convenient counter and processed the correction quickly....though he had to press about a million keys and cycle through a dozen screens.  I greatly appreciated the quick fix.

No comments: