Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Pontiac G6

Starting a new feature on the blog -- auto reviews. I almost always get a different vehicle from Hertz on these business trips so I thought I would give my impresssions.

This week I have a Pontiac G6. It is a four door sports sedan and quite fun to drive. The driver's seat is very hugging. A little too much at first I thought but have gotten used to it. The other thing I noticed right off is the steering wheel. It feels quite large...especially for a smallish car.

The G6 has really good pickup and acceleration even at highway speeds. There isn't the usual abrupt downshift when you press the accelator at highway speed. It is smooth and efficient.

My model has a sunroof that slides up and back. I had it open last night and could even keep the windows up without the ear pressure baffling that my Escape's sunroof has with the windows closed and the sunroof open.

I think this G6 is well worth a look if you are looking for a new sporty car.

No comments: