Sunday, April 1, 2007

Equus

Well, I did it. I went to see Richard Griffiths and Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) in the 1970's play, Equus. I had seen the play before way back in the early 1980's at a small theatre in Washington DC - Source Theatre for those who remember it.

It is not an easy play to watch at times. Richard Griffiths was fantastic as the psychiatrist. And Daniel Radcliffe, who is only 17 years old, was very good. It has been widely publicised that he has a nude scene. I don't think American Equity would allow a 17 year old to be naked on stage. It is integral to the play though.

I figured it would be selling out every performance but it isn't and was quite easy to get a ticket. Chris, I didn't get a concession on this one.

Quite a crowd gathers at the stage door after the performance. The stage door lets out behind the theatre on a pedestrian street in the heart of the gay district. I grabbed a pint in Rupert St. Bar and watch the stage door activities.

No comments: