Sunday, September 10, 2023

New carpeting

I think the carpeting in my condo bedrooms was the original from when the building was built in 2006. For the 2 1/2 years that Mrs. Kravitz the Roomba has been working, she has filled her bin with carpet fibers and gross dirt from the carpeting. I had the carpets professionally cleaned before I moved in, but it didn't seem to do much good.

Three rooms into one.
So, I finally made the decision to change the carpeting out. I went with Empire Today again. I used them for the carpeting in my Emerson house and the wood flooring in the rest of the condo. I also went with a top-of-the-line plush that feels oh so nice on your feet.

Three rooms into one.
The big challenge was going to be where to put all the furniture. The master bedroom and dressers had to come out and so did the loveseat and 2 bookcases from the office/guest bedroom.

Somehow it all fit in the living room!

Three rooms into one.


New padding.

Most comfortable spot.

Maggie did really well with whole ordeal and most importantly, she really likes the new carpeting.

Oooo, so comfy.
Maggie approves.

Ahhh.

The installers did a good job though I had to remind them that moving the furniture was part of the contract. Also, they could not make short cuts (literally) in the master bedroom around the baseboard heaters.

No comments: