Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Retirement Trip 3 - Costa Rica


I think my video production is getting better. At least it is getting quicker. Click here for link to the video montage.

I had a few days between trips this time. Got back from the Palm Springs road trip on a Friday night. Departed for Costa Rica the following Tuesday.

It took about 12 hours and 3 different flights to arrive in my final destination: Quepos, Costa Rica. It wasn't too bad. I got a bit concerned in San Jose, Costa Rica with the time it took to get through passport control. I did not have the recommended 1 1/2 hours between arrival and departure. Fortunately the domestic terminal is an easy walk from the international terminal.

The metal detector at San Jose security was cranked because for the first time my shoulder replacement device dinged the detector. My Spanish is not good enough for me to try to describe why the detector kept going off. Pretty much everyone in Costa Rica speaks really good English though.

The mountain jumper flight from San Jose to Quepos is actually worth the price. It is a quick 1/2 hour flight, they give you beer, and the views are fantastic.

I stayed about 1.5 miles out of Quepos. While water in the form of a pool or river would have been nice, it was very close to a nature preserve and butterfly refuge. Y'all know how much I like nature.

I got to see three species of monkeys just by walking down the road. There were awesome plants, a friendly dog, a bamboo operation, and more.

I also so blue morpho butterflies simply enjoying the sunlight. If you don't know what they look like, click the link on their name.

The trip is pretty well covered in the video. If you ever get the chance to go, I recommend taking a tour at least on your first visit. I did back in 2015 and learned so much that really helped on this trip. You can see my blog posts from the 2015 trip by clicking here.

Let me know if you want to hear more details.

No comments: