Monday, March 28, 2022

Forty Years in the Making

Most of you know that I had a career in the theater before my over 20 years in Information Technology. 

I was introduced to theater when I was in junior high school thanks to an amazing teacher, Carol Tomlinson, who I am lucky to still be in touch with via Facebook. 

The finished blanket
I also can vividly recall seeing Julie Harris in The Last of Mrs. Lincoln" at the Kennedy Center when I was in junior high. That production and performance convinced me to pursue a career in the theater. I was also immensely fortunate to meet Ms. Harris and actually become acquaintances with her over the span of several years.

My theater career had an enormous impact on my life. The primary reason I live in Minneapolis is because of theater.

So I finally constructed this t-shirt blanket with t-shirts from my theater life from college to The Guthrie. Why I say 40 years in the making is because the college t-shirts are over 40 years old!

I owe the construction of this mostly to YouTube vloggers. You can find everything on YouTube. 

This is a no-sew blanket. The t-shirts are tied (knotted) together and the fleece back is attached using a no-sew/no-tie method.

The start with the t-shirts cut up

T-shirts tied and using no-tie technique for border





No comments: