Friday, September 5, 2014

Denver trip trip

No pictures for this entry. Just a bit of story telling.

This was another business trip to Denver. Since it was Labor Day week, only traveled Tuesday through Thursday. On Wednesday a small group of us decided to have dinner together. But before dinner we also decided to purchase and try some edibles.

As you may know Colorado has legalized marijuana. There are countless store fronts all over downtown Denver where you can purchase a variety of marijuana in a variety of forms. We stopped at just one of the many between the office and where we were having dinner.

I was expecting cookies or brownies... old school edibles. Bit this place had bummers and sour patch edibles. You can purchase by potency. We decided on 10mg gummy fish and watermelon sour patches. You are not allowed to smoke or ingest on the store's property. As soon as we were out the door, 4out of the 5 of us ate a couple.

Fast forward a couple of hours. I thought I was getting a bit of a buzz half way through dinner but it was pretty mild. After dinner and on the way back to our respective hotels we each had another.

Bunny and Jennifer, you will appreciate the rest of this. I felt it was time to tell the cannibal joke. I have been practicing so that I would get it just right. I did. One person thought it was the best joke ever. Another person did not get it. I repeated it several times and it was getting funnier with each telling.

In the meantime I decided to tell the 'man with no arms and legs' jokes. I had only gotten to the pile of leaves while still explaining the cannibal joke when someone asked, "How big was the pile?"

I nearly fell down laughing so hard. Everything kicked on... the edibles, the cannibal, the pile of leaves, the dinner, the tiredness from long hours, the altitude. It was fantastic.

No comments: