Monday, November 26, 2012

Cozumel at last (Ironman)

Finally made it to Cozumel on Sunday afternoon. I was originally booked to arrive on Saturday, however, my flight from Charleston was delayed and I would miss the connection. Delta booked me on US Airways flight to Cozumel through Charlotte. As bad luck would have it, this flight out of Charlotte also had maintenance problems and the connection was not possible.  So back to Delta.

Had to get my checked bag off the UUs Airways plane and rebooked with Delta. I figured it was best to get to Atlanta at least and spend the night for next available flight out on Sunday. Delta put me up at the airport Marriott.

I did make it to Cozumel but my luggage did not! I have not had lost luggage in forever.

The Cozumel Ironman competition was on Sunday and the marathon portion was directly in front of my hotel. It was still easy to get through and Jill was out in front cheering the competitors on.  We continued to cheer them on for several more hours as we went shopping, had dinner, walked to the finish line, went back to hotel, and on and on.

At breakfast this morning we heard one guy say it took him 14 hours to finish!?

No comments: