Saturday, February 23, 2008

Toyota Camry

Don't think I've had a Camry before. I like the look. The curves are just right without looking old-school I think.

This one was decked-out. I've been kind of spoiled that last few rental times with lots of gadgets and a level of luxury. The Camry is not a luxury vehicle. I like the large speedometer and the way the tachometer wraps around the speedometer.

I don't like the heating/ventilation controls and radio controls. For some reason I find it confusing when too much functionality is in one control. You push it, you turn it this way for one thing and that way for another thing. I think it becomes tricky to the eye and that isn't a good thing when you're driving.

One more complaint is that the side outside mirrors are small. They do adjust like I like but it takes more adjusting because they are so small.

I have to say that the Camry drives effortlessly. The acceleration is smooth and more than adequate. What really stands out though is the steering. I guess I never pay that much attention to this but the Camry has excellent feedback and it isn't too easy or too hard.

I would recommend the Camry except that it is just kind of boring.

No comments: