Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas in Virginia part two

My sister, Lea, her husband, Tim, and their twins, Raymond and Kathy, came over to Mom's on Christmas Day. Carol also joined us. It was fun and there was lots of laughing.

Mom and I went over to my friend Lance's later that evening. Lance decorates his condo to the nine's for Christmas. More Department 56 village scenes than you have ever seen. A beautiful tree covered in ornaments. Lighted garlands. More and More.

Wednesday night was dinner with my friend Judy. Judy and I worked together at my very first job out of college. We have tried to keep in touch through all the years.

Wednesday day Mom and I drove over the new Woodrow Wilson bridge then past the new Nationals' baseball stadium. We went to the American Indian museum. It is made from limestone from Minnesota. It is quite beautiful inside and the food at the restaurant was fabulous. And you can't have a trip to DC with Mom without seeing The Awakening on Haines Point. It is being moved to another site at some time so may not be as easy to get to.

We went to Mount Vernon. There is a new museum on the site that I had not seen. Tons of information about George Washington and his life. A movie narrated by Glenn Close about George and Martha together.

There's also a sensoround kind of theatre where you get to feel and experience our War of Independence. It includes a real indoor snow storm as George is crossing the Delaware River!

No comments: