Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Billy Bob's



Touting itself as the biggest honky tonk bar in the world, I finally got the team, or at least part of it, to go to Billy Bob's bar in Fort Worth.

This enormous bar, club, restaurant, concert venue, games and arcade AND live professional bull riding establishment (that is the rink in the photo to the left) is in the Stockyards...an urban renewal kind of thing of the actual Fort Worth stockyards.

It was a long drive from Irving to Fort Worth. Thank goodness I had a navigator with me. Sam used is browser-enabled phone and Google maps to guide us. What can I say? It is Texas and things are separated by lots of miles and the signage is weak to say the least.

Billy Bob's really is huge. Unfortunately there wasn't anything going on and the place was virtually empty. The restaurant is nothing to write about. The most amazing feature is a real live bull riding rink is inside the bar. There are professional bull riding on Fridays and Saturdays.

Venkat, Sam, Veejay and I did get a couple of rounds of pool in. I can say I've been to Billy Bob's in Fort Worth.

No comments: