Sunday, April 21, 2024

Africa Adventure - Birds

Now it is the birds' turn. I was going to include the birds in the first blog/video post but realized I had taken photos of quite a few birds.

I am not a birder checking of a list world birds, but I did find it interesting and got a reputation of being the "bird guy." These photos would not be possible without the camera from Jenny B -- "thank you!"

The birds seemed to like when it was cool and wet in the mornings, and we had a few of those kinds of days.

Our guides were so good at pointing at the different birds and their characteristics.

You will notice that I was completely enthralled with one particular bird - the Lilac-Breasted Roller. It is incredibly pretty, very wide-spread and photogenic. I was not able to capture it in flight which is too bad because the wings are fantastically blue. We did catch a pair displaying which is how they get their names. The roll in flight! Here is a photo with the wings open.

Some of the bird names I remembered, some I got help with, some I looked up with a reverse image search, and some I couldn't figure out.

As usual, the video is best viewed in landscape. Click here for Africa - Birds video.

And a link to the Africa - Animal post and video.



No comments: