Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Furniture upgrade - Burrow sofa (update)


02/22/2024 update. The fabric got its first stain test. Unfortunately, Maggie had one of her projectile vomiting episodes and the first go round was on the ottoman.

As you can see the accompanying photo collage, the stain cleaned up nicely. It took a few go rounds. First with Oxi-Clean Laundry Stain Remover and with Folex Carpet Spot Remover. In the future I won't use the Oxi-Clean. I think it is too strong.

I am very pleased that the fabric held up to the cleaning and the stain is gone.



Because I like to keep track of this sort of thing, here are some photos of my latest furniture purchase. As a birthday gift to myself, I bought a new sofa from Burrow. It arrived while I was on vacation.

Burrow is geared toward smaller scale furniture and the pieces are delivered in separate boxes so you can actually get it in and out of your apartment. This also means that there is assembly required. It is fairly straightforward, and the sections latch together in a very clever and secure way. The most tedious part is assembling the legs which require that you screw in plates to hold the legs. The screws are not a standard size so were a little tricky to get tight.

Six boxes in total.

My assistant. This is two sections upside down in order to latch them together.

Finished assembly. The assistant is very proud of herself.

The old sofa is in the background.

This was not a big change in design or color. The new sofa is a dark navy blue and slight shorter than the old sofa. Burrow claims to use pet-safe fabrics...we'll see.

I was able to donate the old sofa to Goodwill.

No comments: