Sunday, January 17, 2016

A new experience

I had more than a little trepidation about this experience but my friend and former trainer was the main bout at the Mega VII Digger Muay Thai kickboxing card at Canterbury Downs. Kaitlin Young is a professional MMA and Muay Thai kickboxer.

My trepidation was about the potential violence and gruesomeness. It turned out that watching a professional bout with all the attention to safety and entertainment was exciting. I appreciate the athletes work to get to this level of physical and mental preparedness.

My photos aren't very good but I had a good time watching the fights. And Kaitlin won a technical knock out!
There is a cage!

Kaitlin's bout

After the fights I wandered through the card games at Canterbury which is run by the Mdewadan Indian tribe. As I passed one table a gentleman won $10,000!

No comments: