Saturday, June 27, 2015

Crazy? race - Duluth Midnght Run

Well, it was kind of crazy but Michelle, Jon and I drove up to Duluth to meet Trish and Jason to run a 5k along Lake Superior at midnight Friday night/Saturday morning.

We met Trish and Jason at their house in west Duluth. We went to Canal Brewing for dinner and back to the house where I took a quick nap.

The race started right at midnight and followed the walking/biking path along Lake Superior. The weather was fantastic.

I was actually thinking there might be ambient light since it was just the summer solstice last weekend. There wasn't any natural light and in places it was downright dark.

We all had good runs and a good time. Got back to the house before 1am. I took a quick shower and fell right asleep. We had brunch at the Buffalo camp ground restaurant. The bloody marys and my pancakes were fantastic.

No comments: