Sunday, May 31, 2015

Half marathon for real

Ran my first half marathon. Many thanks to Tracy and Brooke. It was Tracy that wanted to do this but needed encouragement which I agreed to help with.

Tracy got a training program that I participated partially in. My recent cold was a potential training breaker. I wasn't able to get in the last long run and was feeling that 13.1 miles was going to be too much of a challenge.

Then Tracy was injured during her long training run. She took the last two weeks off and was very nervous for the run.

I got in three shorter runs in the past week and was feeling better.

Tracy's friend Brooke joined is for one training run and it was pretty much set that we would do the run together. To be honest I needed the gals to slow my pace in order for me to run the full half marathon and not burn out. We supported and encouraged each other. All three of us made new personal distance runs today.

photo credit to Tracy's Dad, Rick

No comments: