Sunday, September 22, 2013

New and old backyard fish

On my way home from up north the other week I stopped at one of the many kitchy shops along Highway 61.  They had lots of colorful wind-whirly gigs so I thought I'd see if they had something for my backyard fish collection.  The shop is called "Fish Out Of Water".

I got two great new additions.  The large metal fish is made from found objects and something they don't really carry anymore.  It is rusted and fabulous.  The owner sold it to be for $12.00!
Fish Out Of Water
The second is a mobile with a cat on the top at the fulcrum.  The fish are the mobile part.  This is a little out of theme but I thought it was cute.  The cat's "fur" is similar to the Mexican fish scales on the garage fish.
A bit difficult to see...the cat is in the upper left corner.
The fish are below right and left
And as a reminder and picture of my completed garage window repair job...
 

No comments: