Sunday, March 31, 2013

City adventure

Biked around Minneapolis with my friend Stephen. It was our first really nice day this year - 50's and mostly sunny.

We started our adventure at Macy's flower show. It was beautiful. The theme is of India. The color coordination was magical.

From downtown we road across the river to St Anthony Main and Wilde Roast. I had a coffee and danish.

We then went 'deeper' into nordeast as it is called. We were looking for the 612 Brew Pub. In our search we found the even newer Indeed Brewer. We didn't stop but did get more directions.

This part if northeast Minneapolis has lots.of art galleries. We stopped at Roselux Gallery. Most of the oil paintings looked like bicycles to me. I guess I was influenced by our transportation.

We did finally find 612 nearly tucked under Broadway and Central. The place was packed. I tried a dark IPA that was quite tasty.

From Northeast we headed to Uptown. I was tired and Stephen had mire plans for the evening. On the Cedar-Isles bike path we passed the Minneapolis mayor and his wife also biking.

Grabbed a burger at While Foods the me to home and Stephen to back downtown.  It was a great bike day.

No comments: