Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Winter running

I thought it would difficult to keep up my running in the winter time. But I have been able to keep a pretty good routine of about twice per week.

First I was concerned with the early setting sun. Thanks to my 50th birthday gift which included a day glo safety vest and beanie cap I am bright and reflective. And wearing my camping headlamp lets me see oncoming runners.

The hardest part about running after dark are the vehicle head lights. I now know what deer feel like.

The other part of winter runnning I was wary if was the cold. But that, too, has turned out not to be an issue.

I wear three layers on top and my workout pants were already double layered. The legs really generate a lot if heat and I always arrive sweaty at home no matter how cold.

No comments: