Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dinner in Canada

Last week was a crazy one.  Had a kind of last minute trip to Southfield, Michigan which is just outside of Detroit.  This was a business trip.  I flew out Sunday night.  Had to change airlines and flights at the last minute.  My American Airlines flight from Minneapolis to Chicago was very late and would cause me to miss connection to Detroit.  AA switched me to Delta direct flight.  It was an earlier flight (good thing) but I had arrived at the airport at expecting a 9pm flight instead I got on a 7:30pm Delta flight.  I actually made it.


Anyway, Detroit is very close to Windsor, Canada.  A co-worker from my previous project lives in Windsor so we agreed to have dinner in Canada.

Here are some grainy pictures from the Canadian side.

Getting into Canada was a piece of cake.  Getting back to the United States was not as easy.

The border patrol asked lots of questions about what I was doing in Michigan.  I had to give two forms of identification -- my passport AND driver's license.

I also answered several questions.  And the same ones a few times.

No comments: